What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any services. “Personally identifiable information” (“PII”) means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- your user ID and password
- credit card information
- any account-preference information you provide us
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide PII to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of the Company, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other pages for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of the Website; research and development; customer and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
The Company may use “cookies” to store personal data on your computer. We may also link information stored on your computer in cookies with personal data about specific individuals stored on our servers. If you set up your web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of the Website. We currently do not react to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All Company account holders may review, update, correct or delete the PII in their registration profile by logging into their account. Removing your information may limit our ability to provide services to you. You may also contact us directly to accomplish the foregoing or if you have additional requests or questions. We’ll take reasonable steps to provide, modify or delete your information as soon as is practicable, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records or as otherwise required by law. We may limit or reject your request in certain cases, including without limitation where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy in the case in question, where the rights of other persons would be violated, or as required by law. We will respond to all requests within 30 days.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- to only share your user ID or password with relevant parties, and to notify the Company immediately upon a breach of security;
- to log off the Website when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Information collected from children
You must be at least 13 years old to use the Website. The Company does not knowingly collect information from children under 13. (See the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.)
Last Updated: September 14, 2018